We were first introduced to Thirst Juice Co., at the 1st Annual W.E.L.L. Summit back in 2015. Our taste buds have been a fan ever since! Thirst Juice Co., a Boston based gluten-free and vegan juice and smoothie bar (also serving a variety of healthful food options) will be kicking off Boston’s Day of W.E.L.L.ness with a healthy, delicious DIY Overnight Oats Superfoods Bar.
Overnight oats, the popular cousin of hot oatmeal, are made by soaking gluten-free rolled oats with nut milks and chia seeds overnight. Soaking the oats softens them, while adding chia seeds binds the mixture and adds some healthy fats and fiber.
At the Overnight Oats Superfood Bar, you’ll be able to choose from three varieties of bases for your overnight oats: Chocolate (almond milk, rolled oats, chia seeds, agave, raw cacao), Unsweetened Coconut (coconut milk, rolled oats, chia seeds), and Day of Wellness Exclusive Flavor, Banana Bread (almond milk, rolled oats, chia seeds, banana, maple syrup, cinnamon).
Once you choose your base, you’ll be able to add your own toppings, including:
- Cacao Nibs : Raw cacao, the essential ingredient in chocolate, tastes slightly bitter on it’s own – but add some sweetness and you have a healthful chocolate punch. Cacao contains antioxidants, and is a good source magnesium and iron.
- Fresh Mixed Berries: Delicious and pretty, berries are low in sugar and packed with antioxidants and fiber.
- Fresh Banana: High in potassium and fiber, bananas are a delicious way to add sweetness without adding refined sugar.
- Dried Mulberries: High in Vitamin C and a good source of B Vitamins, these little berries are also packed with antioxidants.
- Hemp Seeds: Hemp seeds are a complete plant-based protein and add a crunch and slight nutty flavor to your oats.
- Raw Cashews: Cashews contain protein and are packed with minerals including manganese, magnesium, copper, and iron.
- Dried Goji Berries: A little bit sweet and a little bit tart, these little red berries add fiber and pack a punch of antioxidants.