If you’ve been around the holistic wellness world (especially on the east coast!), you’ve likely heard the hype about the inaugural W.E.L.L. Summit, which opened its doors to attendees in November 2015. A curated weekend of intimate sessions, the event was the highlight of my year as someone entrenched in the wellness industry—and as a healthy beauty expert.
Though the event isn’t only focused on green beauty, the advantages of attending for anyone in the green beauty industry are practically endless. I want to zone in on five of those reasons, all based on my own experience at the event in 2015.
5 Reasons Green Beauty Insiders Should Attend The W.E.L.L. Summit 2016
- Connections: Are you starting a new beauty blog? Do you want to advance your beauty writing career? Are you a new beauty brand looking to gain traction in the wellness world? This is the place for you. Attendees come from all types of backgrounds, but their commonalities are clear: Holistic wellness is a priority, and that includes what they’re putting on their skin. You’ll meet industry insiders, have the chance to talk one-on-one with speakers and experts, and get tips on business strategies from established brands. We’re talking a win-win-win situation here.
- Discovery: I’m a regular green beauty writer for a number of brands and publications, and at W.E.L.L. Summit 2015, I was introduced to new brands that I’d never heard of or tried. The L.I.V.E. W.E.L.L. Party, a Saturday night event showcasing local and national brands, gave me the chance to mingle with brand founders, and test new products. It was great fodder for my personal career (plus, more connections!).
- Healing: Ok, this one isn’t green beauty insider specific, but it’s totally worth mentioning—the 2015 event felt like a cathartic group healing process, where like-minded individuals bonded over the things that are so important to us (wellness, mindfulness, healthy eating and living). Many of us who are in the healthy beauty industry have a similar story of needing to clean up our beauty acts because of health issues or skin sensitivities. A lot of us hit rock bottom and dug ourselves out with healthier choices and lots of research. Sharing those stories and building camaraderie with others who share our passion created an environment for healing and empathy that I haven’t experienced anywhere else.
- Speakers: Where else can you get practically one-on-one with someone like green beauty expert Kristen Arnett? Not only did she give an honest, open keynote talk that moved nearly the whole room to tears, but she also ran her own private session on how to effectively do your own makeup like a makeup artist (she’s been an international makeup artist for more than 15 years, and works New York Fashion Week annually). And she stayed after to answer specific questions and provide tips. You can’t get that kind of access elsewhere, because most conferences are too big. The W.E.L.L. Summit’s leadership team has taken into account that part of the value of a weekend event is the opportunity for conversations between experts, attendees and speakers.
- Gift Bags: I couldn’t get through this whole post without mentioning the incredible gift bags that attendees received. Chock-full of beauty, wellness and ethical living goodies, these tote bags were a highlight of the event for me. And not just because I love new beauty products—the gift bag also represented the mission of The W.E.L.L. Summit, to create a celebration of living well, making empowered consumer decisions, learning from top professionals and indulging in luxury health.
Whether you’re a beauty blogger, a brand founder or just interested in the green beauty industry, The W.E.L.L. Summit has something for you. So, will you join us October 21-22, 2016 in New York City?